Health Coaching Plus!
Health Coaching Plus
LIFESTYLE AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH COACHING
Sustainable behavioral change. That's what it's all about! The human element (health coaching) combined with technology drives a much higher level of engagement. Our success depends on creating lifelong behavioral change within each individual we coach. U.S. Preventive Medicine’s corporate wellness and coaching philosophy recognizes the unique circumstances, environments, experiences and social impacts that affect our members. This recognition helps us view the member as a complex, multidimensional person who is able to make decisions for him or herself.
The Preventive Plan provides a customized roadmap for each individual to follow in order to better manage their health. It outlines the risks, action items and educational information that are meaningful to an individual. Short duration, high-intensity programs and cookie-cutter approaches don’t last and don’t deliver high levels of sustainable behavioral change.
Our philosophy regarding health coaching:
- You cannot manage what you cannot measure – Valid and reliable identification of risks is the first step in changing behavior.
- Change comes from within – The Preventive Plan team focuses on interventions to provide the tools necessary for members to make changes in their lives. The most powerful and longstanding changes are those that are member-driven.
- We are a resource and a partner on your lifestyle journey – The Preventive Plan health coach acts as an advocate for the member, assisting when needed, advising when consulted, nudging when needed, and supporting every step of the way.
- We are the sum of all of our parts – U.S. Preventive Medicine recognizes the holistic nature of the individual and tailors interventions to meet each of the unique needs and situations of every member.
U.S. Preventive Medicine’s team of health coaches provides a supportive, non-judgmental learning experience, to help identify barriers, assist with strategies and goal setting, monitor progress, and provide positive feedback to guide members toward a better quality of life by reducing risks and achieving and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Health coaches review lifestyle topics such as stress management, tobacco cessation, weight management, healthy eating, and physical activity and guide individuals to make the small steps with goals that transform into powerful, lifestyle changes. Health coaches provide an in-depth review of a member’s Preventive Plan, solutions for health risks, and practical advice for getting and staying healthy. They provide members with action programs, support and encouragement to move members toward a more productive, healthier and fulfilling life.
Programs are available for multiple lifestyle behaviors:
Programs Available for Many Lifestyle Behaviors
- Tobacco Cessation
- Mental & Emotional Resiliency
- Nutrition & Healthy Eating
- Get Fit
- Healthy Pregnancy
- Healthy Sleep
- Managing Stress
- Weight Loss
- Prevent T2 Diabetes
- Prevent High Blood Pressure
Members diagnosed with one or more of the nine chronic conditions below receive clinical guidance through our knowledgeable and trained Registered Nurse (RN) Care Managers to better manage their condition, at no cost to them. The nine chronic conditions are:
- Back and Neck Pain
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Heart failure