Take control of rising diabetes-related costs with diabetes prevention
USPM's Diabetes Prevention Program is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This proven program can help people at risk for type 2 diabetes make achievable and realistic lifestyle changes and cut their risk of developing type 2 diabetes in half. Additionally, we are a member of the Council of Diabetes Prevention - a non-profit, membership-based organization that brings together National Diabetes Prevention Program (National DPP) industry stakeholders to increase access to the National DPP, promote high-quality standards, and support the long-term scalability and sustainability of this unique patient-centered, online and community-based program. For more information, visit www.nationaldpp.org
Why Offer Prevent T2 as a Covered Health Benefit?
Did you know? 1 out of 3 adults have pre diabetes - that's 86 million! And 9 out of 10 don't even know it!
The health care costs for people with diabetes are 2.3 times higher than for individuals who do not have diabetes. This crisis will affect your employees and your bottom line!
- In 2015, 30.3 million Americans, or 9.4% of the population, had diabetes.
- Of the adults with diabetes, 23.1 million were diagnosed, and 7.2 million were undiagnosed.
- Diabetes remains the 7th leading cause of death in the United States .
Benefits of Prevent T2 Diabetes Prevention Program
- The Prevent T2 program can help people with prediabetes cut their risk of developing type 2 diabetes in half.
- The program helps participants lose 5 to 7 percent of their body weight — that's 10 to 14 pounds for a person weighing 200 pounds!
- Our program is conveniently offered digitally and telephonicaly with trained lifestyle coaches who support members in their journey to better health.