Chronic Care Management
Care Management Reduces Medical Costs
Numbers tell the story – in a recent case study, the impact of the USPM Preventive Plan and diabetes care management demonstrated compelling results:
- 299 participants with diabetes
- 3 years of consistent participation
- Approximately 80% reduction in hospital inpatient days
- Nearly 50% reduction in total medical/pharmaceutical costs
- $5.6 Million cumulative savings - even after taking into account the cost of the USPM diabetes care management program
USPM Care Management Program
Through The Preventive Plan Care Management Program, members diagnosed with one of the 9 Chronic Care Management Conditions below receive a personalized evidence-based care plan with clear, attainable actions, and step-by-step clinical guidance through our knowledgeable and trained Registered Nurses (RNs) Care Managers to better manage their conditions.
Nine Chronic Care Management Conditions:
- Back and Neck Pain
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Heart Failure
After assessing current health, RN Care Managers work with members to develop an individual plan of care to improve chronic conditions and overall health. RN Care Managers connect with members on a regular basis, providing education, condition support and overall guidance on their journey to wellness.
RN Care Managers focus on providing interventions designed to increase the member’s adherence and success to their physician-prescribed treatment plan using protocols from evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. Regular follow up occurs depending on the needs of the member.